Trip Dates: March 2017
Training Begins: January 2017
Included in the Fit Trip fee:
- 10 Week Pre-Trip Training Workouts beginning January 2017
- Great Smoky Mountains & Blue Ridge Parkway Active Adventure
- Half Marathon @ Asheville Marathon at Biltmore Estate: Race Entry & Race T-shirt
- Biltmore, Bubbly, and Salt Cave Tours
- Lodging at The Biltmore Estate
- 2 Farm-to-Table Meals per day
- Ground Transportation
- Time Scheduled for Optional: Spa, Shopping, and Leisure
On Day 1, we’ll get settled into our home for the trip, enjoy lunch and pick-up groceries. We will have an opportunity to attend the race expo, and review the course. The evening brings us a Biltmore winery tour and tasting, as well as dinner in the Biltmore Dining Room. Lights out at 10pm: we have a race in the morning!
Race Day! Half Marathon, followed by a post-race snack and celebration. There will still be plenty of time left in the day to tour the Biltmore House, have lunch at Corner Kitchen, and then hit downtown for some touring, dinner, and live music.
We’ll take a beautiful hike and enjoy lunch on the Blue Ridge Parkway. Later in the day, we’ll have a Salt Cave Yoga excursion, followed by dinner and drinks at Black Bird.
Our final day…no wake up call, make your own schedule. Options include mountain bike Biltmore grounds, Biltmore Spa treatments, stroll Biltmore Gardens. Lunch on your own, and then we’ll depart to the airport to head back to reality!