Travel Dates: May 2018
Training Begins: February 2018 $2250 based on double occupancy Sip the Surf!
Included in the Fit Trip fee:
- 10 Week Pre-Trip Training Workouts beginning mid February 2017
- Active Adventures and Guided Tours daily during the California vacation
- Santa Barbara Half Marathon: Race Entry & Race T-shirt
- Wine tastings, equipment rentals, and Fit Trip souvenirs
- Lodging near the Race
- 2 fresh California flavor Meals per day
- Ground Transportation along the scenic California coast
- Time Scheduled for Optional: Spa, Shopping, and Leisure
Arrive at LAX in the morning and enjoy scenic ground transportation to Solvang, CA. We will have lunch in Malibu and stop for groceries along the route. After we check in to our hotel rooms we will stretch our legs on a guided walking tour of Solvang. The tour will be followed by an early farm to table dinner at Root 264. We will retreat to our rooms at a decent hour to rest for the race tomorrow morning.
Race Day! Half Marathon, followed by a wine and beer tasting in the town center. There will be plenty of time for sipping on the lawn followed by a hearty lunch. The early afternoon is built in free time for napping or shopping the adorable local boutiques. Late afternoon, we will meet for a sunset kayak tour on the Pacific and have scrumptious dinner on the water.
A mid morning bike tour of the wineries with tastings and brunch included will get our day started. We have an afternoon surf lesson, wetsuits included, before we eat and drink a casual dinner surfer style.
Our final day…late wake up call for a Restorative Yoga class before checking out of our hotel rooms. We will have lunch and spend some time in Santa Barbara before driving back to LA for dinner and evening flights home from LAX.